My boys come home from school practically starving each day so I rely on foods that are easy to prepare quickly for their after school meal. They are getting tired of our go-to meals so I was excited when I discovered Better Bakery artisan sandwiches. Better Bakery hand makes their sandwiches in small batches so you can be sure you’re getting a delicious, high-quality sandwich. The handmade artisan sandwiches are made by bakers who really care about providing you with a great sandwich!
I try to feed my kids healthy foods which can be difficult to find in the freezer section of the grocery store. Many of these quick-cook microwavable foods are full of no-so-good ingredients and I don’t know of any that are handmade by bakers like the artisan sandwiches from Better Bakery. My sons both loved the Better Bakery sandwiches we received with my oldest preferring the Chicken & Bacon Club and my youngest going for the Cheese & Pepperoni variety.
Better Bakery has several other sandwich varieties which also look delicious but I have yet to try. Better Bakery stands by its promise of “always handcrafted” with each sandwich hand-cut, rolled, topped and picked. You can be sure you’re making a great choice for your family when you pick up a package of artisan sandwiches from Better Bakery.
One of my family’s favorite side dishes with sandwiches is pasta salad. While it’s convenient to pick up a box of the quick pasta salad, I worry about the ingredients I’m feeding my family. My favorite pasta salad is bacon ranch so I decided to make my own homemade. This pasta salad is creamier than the box type and my husband says it tastes much better.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 box (16 oz.) rotini (or your favorite) pasta noodles
- 1 cup mayonnaise (lowfat works fine too!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use lowfat)
- 1/2 package real bacon pieces (you can find these in the salad dressing aisle)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup milk (we use whole)
- shredded cheese for topping (optional – use your favorite, we like cheddar)
- Prepare noodles as directed on the box.
- While your noodles are cooking mix the remaining ingredients (minus the cheese) in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse noodles for about 2 minutes in cold water.
- Add to the mayonnaise mix in the large bowl and stir.
- Keep refrigerated and top each portion with your favorite shredded cheese.
This recipe will keep in the fridge for about a week but make sure you keep it covered so it doesn’t dry out. If it does dry out, you can add a couple of tablespoons of milk to make it more creamy.
My bacon ranch pasta salad is wonderful paired with your favorite Better Bakery artisan sandwich. Together they would make a delicious lunch or light dinner. You can find Better Bakery sandwiches in the freezer section near the snacks and other prepared sandwiches.
If you’re pressed for time or need a better afternoon snack or meal for your kids, I recommend you give Better Bakery artisan sandwiches a try! You can find a coupon on the Bettery Bakery website. Better Bakery sandwiches are available at many Walmart, Meijer, Kroger, HEB, and Harris Teeter locations.
Connect with Better Bakery