With summer in full swing, those pesky bugs are out in full force. We live in the middle of the woods and have a large pond on the front of our property which is beautiful, but also draws the mosquitoes. With three dogs running in and out of the house throughout the day, we also have ticks that come in on their fur. I protect the dogs from the pests but that doesn’t mean they don’t still try to bite and attach to their fur. This is why I am so thankful to have an insect repellent that protects against both fleas and ticks like Guardian.
Guardian DEET-Free insect repellent is made of plant-based, non-toxic ingredients and studies have shown that it is actually MORE effective than DEET! Here are a few more facts about Guardian insect repellent.
- Guardian is the safe and non-toxic alternative that combines nature and science to deliver greater effectiveness.
- Guardian doesn’t have a chemical smell and doesn’t leave a sticky residue like chemical compounds that can feel like you sprayed yourself with adhesive.
- Guardian’s plant-based formula is safe for use around your outdoor equipment. DEET, on the other hand, damages and corrodes plastics, nylon gear, and some clothing.
- Guardian provides a solution for people who have skin sensitivity to DEET or for whom DEET doesn’t work effectively.
- Guardian is not only extremely effective against mosquitoes and ticks, but lasts without a need for frequent reapplication.
According to the World Health Organization, mosquitoes cause several million deaths and hundreds of millions of illnesses each year. Some of the most concerning mosquito-borne disease in the United States include: West Nile virus, Dengue fever, and the Zika virus. Children from 2-14 are at the highest risk of tick-borne disease according to the CDC. They recommend that everyone including pregnant women and children wear a safe insect repellent such as Guardian. In fact, Guardian was developed to give people a safe and non-toxic option to chemical pesticides for repelling mosquitoes and ticks.
Guardian comes in two different formulas – Backyard and Wilderness. The Backyard formula is best for when your family is having a barbecue or you’re playing in the yard. We like to relax on our front porch when the weather is nice, and Guardian Backyard has been perfect for that. The Wilderness formula is made for when you’re camping out, hiking, or exploring the woods or mountains. Both formulas offer four hours of protection against both mosquitoes and ticks with the Wilderness formula offering eight full hours of mosquito protection.
My Aunt and grandmother were visiting and we went blackberry picking. Beforehand we sprayed the Guardian Wilderness on our arms and legs and I’m happy to say, we found zero ticks and didn’t get any mosquito bites at all. Guardian DEET-Free insect repellent really works! It’s also safe for children 2+ and is scientifically proven to work. Why would you want to spray nasty chemicals all over your biggest organ (your skin) when you can use something safe, non-toxic and plant-based to protect yourself BETTER?