I’ve been slowly collecting cookbooks for several years and I have a nice collection. I am excited to tell you about a new cookbook that I received to review. This new cookbook titled, The Cupboard to Table Cookbook: Satisfying Meals Made From What You Have on Hand was written by Judy Hannemann.
Chock full of simple and delicious meals, appetizers, and desserts, The Cupboard to Table Cookbook is perfect for busy moms. The cookbook features recipes made from pantry, freezer, and fridge staples so you’ll never have to run to the grocery store while trying to prepare a meal. The recipes are crowd-pleasing and I appreciate that because I have two picky eaters. Judy is also the author of the popular, Bake at Midnite blog. She is known for taking basic ingredients and making them into something truly delicious.
Some of the recipes inside the cookbook include: Deluxe Skillet Taco Pie, Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart, and Takeout-Style Beef Fried Rice. Today I’d like to share one recipe from the cookbook that I think your family will love.
Bacon Cheese Pull-Aparts
- 1 can (8 count) large flaky biscuits (like Grands)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 5 slices crisp bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 7 x 11-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Beat egg and milk thoroughly; beat in hot sauce. Add biscuit quarters to milk mixture and stir gently, coating all sides of the biscuits.
- Stir in cheese, green onions, and bacon.
- Turn onto prepared pan, making sure biscuits are arranged in a single layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese starts to brown.
I love the simplicity of this recipe and the other recipes inside The Cupboard to Table cookbook. It is a valuable resource for anyone who enjoys cooking but doesn’t have a lot of extra time.
You can purchase The Cupboard to Table cookbook on Amazon (this is an affiliate link) for around $17. This is one of my go-to cookbooks now and it would make a great gift for a newlywed (think of all the weddings you’ll be attending this summer) or just a fun gift for yourself!
Visit Bake at Midnite to learn more about Judy and to find some more of her amazing recipes. I already learned that she is a dog lover so I think she and I would be great friends. :)