Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Are you excited? I am! I love celebrating the loves in my life on this special day. Normally I make cookies or if I’m in a pinch I’ll buy my sons some chocolate, but this year I decided that I am going to make these tasty Valentine’s Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats instead.
With just five simple ingredients, you too can whip up a batch of these sweet treats for your loved ones!
Valentine’s Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats
5 tablespoons of butter
1 – 16oz bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 tablespoon of strawberry JELL-O powder
9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
8 oz bag Jet Puffed HeartMallows strawberry flavor
- Spray a sheet cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add gelatin powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and mix in cereal until fully mixed.
- Add strawberry marshmallows and mix lightly so they don’t melt.
- Spread the cereal treats in an even layer in the sheet cake pan.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray to gently press the cereal treats into a flat, even layer.
- Cool for one hour.
- Use various heart shaped cookie cutters to cut hearts out of the cereal treats.
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to make some of these special treats for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day. I know they’ll be a hit!
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day recipes be sure to check out my Pinterest board dedicated to this special holiday. I would also love it if you’d follow me on Pinterest where I share all of my favorite recipes!